Lets get one thing straight right away: the quickest way to lose weight is also the worst way. There are no ifs or buts about it. If you want to eliminate fat and shed those extra pounds, the last thing you should be doing is searching for the fastest methods available. Those simply do not work, because proper and permanent weight loss has been and always will be a very gradual process. You may see instant results with shortcut methods, but youll also find yourself gaining all that weight back just as fast. As the old adage goes, slow and steady wins the race.
So how DO you lose weight correctly? Here are five methods that are absolutely guaranteed to work:
1. Eating a heavy breakfast every morning. A lot of so-called weight loss gurus claim that the quickest way to lose weight is by cutting down on carbohydrates, or carbs. Thats a lot of hogwash! Your body wont instantly eliminate fat just because you stopped eating bread. In fact, you might even get sick in the process. What you should do, in contrast, is eat a heavy breakfast each morning. Heavy meaning rich in all sorts of food, including carb-laden foods such as oats and other whole grains. Eating a lot in the morning kick-starts your metabolism and keeps you from overeating during lunch and dinner. People who skip breakfast tend to binge later in the day, and thats definitely a no-no.
2. Walking. A lot of folks think that the quickest way to lose weight is going on a run each day, and its true that you will eliminate fat by doing so. The problem is, considering how peoples lifestyles are nowadays, this is simply not sustainable. Can you see yourself going on a run every single day? Didnt think so! A more gradual yet effective alternative is to walk everywhere. Walking is excellent cardio, and since it doesnt burn your body out, you can do it for a long, long period of time each day. Stop driving to certain destinations and just walk to them. Walk around your backyard during your idle time. By keeping your body in constant motion, you are allowing your formerly sedentary self to lose weight slowly but surely.
3. Not skipping meals. A classic method that many deem as the quickest way to lose weight is to skip meals. It does sound logical; you starve yourself, you eliminate fat, right? The problem is, doing so will not only make you absolutely miserable, but it will also destroy your body. We need three square meals a day for a reason, and to ignore this fact will lead to disastrous results. If you really want to lose weight, dont you dare skip a meal. If you eat regularly, youll be less tempted to binge or eat certain foods for sheer pleasure alone. You have to train yourself to want food only when youre hungry, and the first step in that direction is making sure that you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner each and every day.
4. Sleeping. You might think that the quickest way to lose weight is by not sleeping, since this means keeping your body more active than usual, which could very well help eliminate fat. Youd be dead wrong, however. Studies show that people who get at least seven hours of sleep each day tend to weigh less than the night owl types. This is likely because night owls are more likely to have midnight snacks, or to eat more than usual in the day to make up for not eating during the night. So, if you want to lose that weight properly, sleep. Get some much needed shut-eye and your body will only require the right amount of food during your waking hours.
5. Cooking your own food. Prepackaged meals are considered the quickest way to lose weight for a lot of celebrities. And while you can eliminate fat via portion control, such meal services can be ridiculously expensive. Moreover, you will likely experience very little variety in your meals. The right thing to do, then, is to actually just cook your own food. By doing so, you get to appreciate every bite. You get to savor the fruits of your labor and even find yourself not wanting to eat too much. Just being in the kitchen and surrounding yourself with all these delicious smells can be satiating already. If you really want to eliminate fat the right way, then dont go on a quest for the quickest way to lose weight. Just follow the five pieces of advice above, and with a little patience and discipline, youll find yourself fitter and trimmer than ever before!